TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stock pistons
People Seeking Info

Subject Stock pistons

Posted by 1308cats on August 15, 2016 at 10:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 273 times.

Message I need some help figuring out the markings on the top of stock pistons. With the piston turned so the dimple is at 12 o'clock, dimple=front of motor, below that is stamped the number 2. Under that are 3 letters, NHB. Below the center of the piston is 30P and below that is 04. Some of the other pistons in this set I bought on ebay have a bottom number of 05. , otherwise, all the same. I assume the #2 at the top of all 6 pistons is the GRADE of piston. I have another set of TT pistons with MLA and MLK on the second row. I thought the difference indicated which side of motor they went on (offset?) but some go on driver side and some go on pass side, totally random. Manufacturers id? These pistons are from an engine that I tore down and piston location is stamped on the bearing journals. Since the difference between TT and NA is mainly the pistons, can I put #2 NA pistons in a TT block that used #2 pistons for a cheap rebuild? This will be a NA motor when finished. Not interested in buying a new set of Wiseco's or any other high priced pistons, like I said, CHEAP rebuild. Thanks for any help.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.